The new year has just started, the festive season has come to an end and the reality of 2015 has just about kicked in. Many of us has made the yearly, new year resolutions in which for most people die out as soon as the year progresses and it will be done over year after year.
So why not start this year abit differently, with more like minded people which also has the same goals and missions for the year. I came across this website in my daily search, they go by the name ”My Start Up Edge” which is a community of solution providers that enable start ups to prosper, giving them an edge and tools to succeed. Thousands of individuals and companies out there have been in business longer than start ups and they understand the industry better and it is when we can use their experiences and knowledge and plant it back to the start ups can we provide solutions for the African economy. The next thing i noticed was they were hosting an event and without a thought i made sure i RSVP to this event.
They have guests from different industries in South Africa to come and help you kick start your business in 2015. They are all actively involved in their own businesses and have achieved a lot of success in their respective fields but they are always looking for ways help other entrepreneurs start businesses.
The topics for #GetStarted2015 event
– Getting a business started.
– From idea to an actual business (USP, Value proposition)
– Available help for start ups
– Sign in and getting seated
– Intro by the Host
– Motivational talk : Getting started and goal setting in 2015
– Insight: Getting into business with a plan guaranteed to work
– Business help: What help is available for you out there.
– Start Up Showcase
– Panel discussion and Q/A session
– Date: 26 January 2015
– Venue: Bannister Hotel, Braamfontein, Johannesburg
– Time: 17h30 – 20h30
– Cost: The event is free, but you need to RSVP at the website.